Ames to State Center 28.5 miles
Sleepover in Tama/Toledo
Sleepover in Tama/Toledo
Today was a very big day. We experienced soooo much!
Started the day nice and early, there was a lot of bike traffic out of Ames this morning. It is so much fun to be right in the thick of it all. So much energy.
Started the day nice and early, there was a lot of bike traffic out of Ames this morning. It is so much fun to be right in the thick of it all. So much energy.
We stopped for a yummy pancake breakfast at the Firehouse in Nevada.
I got to demo a smokin' hot full carbon 2009 Giant Defy Advanced bike today, brand new, can't even buy it in the stores yet. I swear this thing was the most amazing thing ever. It was seriously like I was just riding on air. So light and so comfortable. I was totally bummed at the end of the ride that I had to give it back. I think I could have ridden all day on that baby. Anyone have 3 Grand I can borrow?
In the very CENTER of Iowa.....well at least for today! :)
Now how cute is that? They were a little disturbed to hear that we had been eating these all week...the big ones of course.
SERIOUS slip-n-slide time!!
Another RAGBRAI Virgin...apparently this one likes boobies??
The kids took a little time to pet the horses at a Farm/Lemonade Stand. :)
There is a tractor to climb in everysingle town we pass through. They tie a think metal rope between two tractors for everyone to park their bikes on. Pretty ingenious and so much fun for the kids!
Ooooooh Team Bad Boy. A legend. They carry these contraptions across Iowa every year...serving up drinks on their portable mini bar, grilling on their portable grill and I am not even sure what is in that giant cooler...woofers maybe?
The kids got to meet Old Abe in Nevada. Oh and I think we were riding on the Lincoln Hwy. Get it?
After riding we found the pool in Tama or Toledo , it was a really cool one. I was so proud of Gabby, she hopped right on that bad boy of a water slide like a natural. Gavin was devastated because he wasn't quite tall enough to go on the big slides. I was so sad for him. The last town had the exact same slides without the restrictions, so that was cool.

Sigh...a relaxing end to a very busy day!
Sigh...a relaxing end to a very busy day!




1 comment:
Woah, that slide is so cool! I feel Gavin's pain, poor kid. Too funny about eating the pigs, lol. And the boobies. Hee. Does that guy think he is different from any other guy??! :)
Post a Comment