SAD BUT TRUE.
Even more sad is that we drove MANY miles and only got to ride about 50! All I can say is that we had the "Robby Factor" and only close friends and family will understand that!

Since we were only planning on three days this year, and we (Sean) decided last minute, we did not have a motorhome...or a vehicle sticker. Big mistake. Once again I have been duped into forgetting about swearing I would never do RAGBRAI without one.
How is it that I have agreed AGAIN to do RAGBRAI out of the minivan...am I totally crazy??? Yes Katie, yes you are.The Mississippi....Iowa here we come! Think they will let us use our vehicle sticker that's still in our window from two years ago?? NOT!
One of the many stops trying to get to our starting town of Altoona near Des Moines. We chased Uncle Robby all around Iowa trying to meet up with him! We circled around from Dubuque, to Davenport, to Iowa City then up to Cedar Rapids to get him after his car broke down. Finally back down to Altoona where we spent the first night!
Of course it wouldn't be RAGBRAI without BARRY! We love you Barry! At our host house near Altoona.

The first night for us was the HOTTEST night I think we have ever slept in a tent on RAGBRAI. It was amazingly oppressive heat and humidity. And we like heat! Our hosts were very gracious to offer a floor in their air conditioned house..but oh no...we had to sleep in the tent and suffer because this was our first night. But we survived. We were just happy to see everyone! Barry, RADPAN members, Theresa and the amazing Mackenzie who went with us last year and their family...they were smart this year...they had a motorhome. They learned their lesson last year. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now...but no. I am back in a tent.

Tomorrow morning we ride....hope there are no tornadoes tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment