So after we roll into Dyersville...we find Mom and Dad at the campground
Sean and I also got to go down to the Expo pick up our cool new Specialized demo bikes for the next day. He got to demo some crazy $8000 bike...I was on a Dolce Comp chick road bike...much less intimidating. I was really freaked out because the last time I was on a real road bike..with those skinny little tires I hit the pavement really hard when I went down after hitting a curb. Turns out, the Dolce was super comfortable and unbelieveibly light and fun to ride. Were were planning on leaving the kids with Mom and Dad the next day and do a full day just the two of us...hey, it's about all the romance I get anymore!! ;)
Gabby was still hanging out with team RADPAN, they took a little drive to the Field of Dreams and then down to the Expo for dinner. We ran into them when we were getting our bikes. She was having a blast! So while we were waiting for Gabby to get back we took Gavin to the pool. WARNING: Here comes another one of those super sappy proud parenting moments. Gavin noticed that a bunch of dudes (and 1 chick) were taking turns on the diving board doing wild flips and stunts and the croud in the pool (aka Biker Soup) were cheering and clapping at the best ones. Well Gavin decides he wants to try. Well he had only jumped off the diving board and swam to the side BY HIMSELF a handfull of times...so Daddy went with him. Sean did a big jack knife and then Gavin walks out there, does a little chicken dance thing and jumps like a crazy boy! OMGosh, it was so cute....and the best part was that crowd went wild!! We were so darn proud...Sean and I had one of those little glances that says it all. Gavin strutted his stuff on the diving board a few more times...he was having so much fun playing with the big boys. It was such a great thing to see.
Off to bed asap tonight. Gotta get up early to get a whole day of riding in...yikes!

No comments:
Post a Comment