Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The LAST Day RAGBRAI

We woke up to a FANTASTIC breakfast from Matt and his girlfriend Polly. They were really so wonderful and generous. Unbelieveable people here in Iowa.

We really changed things a little today. We inherited an extra tandem from Dave and Patty, they ended up staying with relatives when poor little Devra broke out into a nasty heat rash. So Sean and I took the three little ones in the van and everyone else took off for the first half of the ride. Michelle's friend Steve joined us today for his little taste of RAGBRAI. We met them in the half way town and did the big switch.
Sean and I got to ride all by ourselves the last 30 miles of RAGBRAI on the tandem. We made it to the Mississippi River in a little over an hour....we were cruising! It was really, really fun doing a lot of drafting with other riders and I hardly even broke a sweat...now why, I ask myself, didn't I ride the whole thing this way...let Sean and his monster legs do all the work? Oh well, there's always next year!! Whew, we made it! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip looks really fun. I can see where it would be a fun annual trip. I would love to do it also. I've always wanted to get into road biking. Maybe some day!!!
Karen

Cicada said...

Love the sponge bob biking shirt :) These pictures are all so amazing. The office of the mayor is too funny!