Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day3 continued


After Mr. Porkchop I think it was another 12 miles or so...we rode about 45 miles today, the most I will ride in one day on the trip...we got to the halfway town and played in the water spray that the local firehouse had out. It was so refreshing. We found the van that Sean's sister left for us, he was planning on riding the other half with the kids but we were all totally pooped....it was so wonderful to get into the van and blast the air.
We drove to the sleepover town, Audubon, Iowa and found where the RADPAN team was camping....Gavin was thrilled that we were camping in the infield of the racetrack at the town fairgrounds. He ran up the the guard rails to check out the other side.
We decided to try to find some food before showers tonight so we rode over to the main vendor area and pigged out....pulled pork, sweet corn, pizza and kettle corn...it's amazing how much you can eat after riding 45 miles! After dinner we rode over to the local pool and cooled off, another cold shower after waiting in line, then back to the camping area to set up the tent and crash by about 11....exhausting, crazy, but kind of fun. Tomorrw we are taking the day off, getting a hotel in DesMoines....thank god because I am pretty sore EVERYWHERE. Advil is my new best friend. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like you and family had an amazing adventure! Love all the pictures. I am just in shock from reading it all, don't think I would have made it through all the riding and the heat. Great job!

ChristyR said...

Wow!

again, WOW!

I am so impressed. That is alot of miles and your photos are amazing! Good job to you and the fam!

itsjustshannon said...

Loving these stories...you know this trip is worthy of a scrapbook right?

I am so amazed you did this, I can't tell you. Love the Mr. PorkChop.

Cicada said...

The pork chop call is so funny! And how you were the last to leave in the morning. Are you still wearing the ear plugs at home, do they help?!
I bet swimming at night after all that heat was so great!
Looking forward to more!

Cicada said...

P.S. - I like the new template!

Vanessa B. said...

Holy crap you are a super woman! With the kids, too?!?! I stand in awe. Way to go!